On-site Travel Consultant position for our client in Daytona Beach, FL. Must be able to work on-site.
This position responds to customer travel requests received via all means of business contact (in person, phone, e-mail or fax) for air, hotel and car reservations in an efficient, courteous and timely manner. An individual in this position manages all functions relating to the booking, administrative and accounting tasks necessary to process electronic or other travel documents as it relates to customer requests and industry requirements, including support of on-line bookings. The candidate placed in this position will have the ability to function autonomously and in a team environment.
- Maintains the highest possible level of client and company confidentiality.
- Displays a positive attitude with energy and enthusiasm toward assuming new roles and challenges.
- Strong work ethic with a willingness to take ownership and responsibility of multiple tasks as required.
- Self-motivated and autonomous with consistent follow through.
- Strong interpersonal (written and oral communications, logic and decision-making) and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates above average organizational and planning skills with appropriate attention to detail.
- Demonstrates proficient knowledge, skills and abilities utilizing industry and proprietary technology, including Apollo and on-line booking tools.
- Communicates effectively and exhibits excellent Customer Service skills while promoting and selling travel products and services.
- Continuously strives to provide clients with a positive experience utilizing analytical and strategic skills.
- Positively contributes to the team environment.
- Understands the importance of quality and accountability with regard to revenue generating tasks and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a good team player; dependable and reliable; flexible with the ability to multi-task.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Prior experience handling VIP travel clients is required
- Apollo experience is preferred
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend hours during peak travel periods and during emergency situations is also required
- Travel and Tourism Certification is a plus