· Cooperate with clients to determine their needs and advise them of appropriate destination, modes of transportations, travel dates, costs and accommodations.
· Research fare and schedule information.
· Book reservations for travel, hotels, transportation, and special events.
· Plan and arrange tour packages, excursions, and day trips.
· Calculate total travel costs and collect payment/fees.
· Provide relevant information, brochures and publications (guides, local customs, maps, regulations, events, etc) to travelers.
· Liaise and network with travel partners, including airlines, hotels, cruise lines and tour operators, to manage bookings and schedules.
· Manage alternative booking arrangements if changes arise before or during the trip.
· Deal with occurring travel problems, complaints or refunds.
· Attend travel and educational seminars, both online and in person, to remain up-to-date with tourism trends.
· Enter data into company’s software and maintain client files.
· Maintain statistical and financial records.
· Meet profit and sales targets.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· May work primarily indoors in an office environment.
· Frequent sitting.
· Rotating Saturday shifts required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Have normal day vision, corrected or uncorrected, and have normal hearing, with or without device.
· Ability to view computer screens for prolonged periods and read documents and spreadsheets printed in normal sized font.
· Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours a day.
· Intermittent walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.